Saturday, January 13, 2007

Working

Most of my friends asked me how I spend my holidays now. Similarly, I told each and every one of them that other than sleep, I eat. Other than watching series, I watch anime. Other than learning driving, I help my mom to work. Out of those answers, most of them found the last two more captivating. Let's talk about driving first.

Some of my buddies thought that I have a driving license. One of them even said that he had always looked up on me and now he is disappointed when he knew that I have not had a driving license yet. Thank you, Tony. Any connection with that? One of them even broke my heart, saying that I am already 20 years old and I still do not have a license. Thank you, Kiat. I have not turned 20 yet.

And when I told them that I am now learning driving in Kuching, the next question will always be "Why not in Sibu?" When I told 10 people, that question is inevitable. Well, I wanted to learn driving in Sibu too but my mom was heavy-hearted to let me go back to Sibu to learn driving as you all know that learning to drive will at least take one month. If I stay in Sibu for that one month, I will not be able to accompany my mom because I will be leaving to KL soon.

Now, working. They thought that I took up a job in a restaurant or a shop when I said I work during the holidays too. When I read their thoughts, I will notify them that I help my mom with her work. Without being skeptical, the next question will always be "What does your mother do?" and, the same thing, I answer them that my mom sells food to the workers in my dad's construction sites. It may sound confusing but I got a picture of my mom's uniform and I took a few pictures of the restaurant/shop yesterday.


Our customers


Our potential customers rushing to our stall


My mom's uniform. By the look of how she dressed, you can imagine how hot the weather was..

However, this job got its own seasons. There will be no customers when it rains. Kuching may be very hot at times but when it rains, it can be super cold. Plus my house was made of wood and my room got this super-good-functionable-modern-air-cond. My room can be so cold that even the doors, made of wood, can cry.



Nonetheless, helping out my mom with her work gives me a contentment. Plus, I can understand the pangs of pain to earn money.

Adiosu!

No comments: