Sunday, January 28, 2007

Be Happy With Who You Are

"If I just had his personality..."

"If I looked like she looks..."

"If my thighs just weren't so big..."

"If I had less here and more somewhere else, then I'd be happy."

A lot of us do not realise it, but the root cause of many social, physical and emotional problems is simply the fact that people do not like themselves. They are not comfortable with how they look, how they talk, how they act and their personality. They are always comparing themselves with other people, wishing they were something different. I do have this kind of problem too. I have no confidence.

I know I must be happy with who God made me to be and quit wishing that I was something different. If God had wanted me to look like a fashion model with that gorgeous body, a movie star with fame, a famouse athlete or anyone else, He would have made me look like them. If God had wanted me to have a different personality, He would have given me those personality. I think I should not compare myself to other people and learn to be happy with who God made me to be. Sighh..

I do feel insecure about who I am and of course I do want to be accepted by everybody around me. Of course I will not end up living to please other people, trying to fit into their molds. Hehe. I am not the type of person to live my life of pretense, wearing various masks and hoping to please everybody, in contrast, I detest this kind of people. In essence, I am being true especially to myself.

"You were not created to mimic somebody else. You were created to be you. When you go around copying and trying to be like somebody else, not only does it demean you, it steals your diversity, your creativity and your uniqueness."

We do not want a bunch of clones too, right? God likes variety and we should not let people pressure you or make you feel badly about yourself because you do not fit their image of who you should be. Be an original, not a copycat. Dare to be different and be sucure in who we were made to be and be the best we can be.

I do not think I have to look or act like anyone else. He has given me different gifts, talents and personalities on purpose. I should be thankful and not being unhappy because my personality, tastes, hobbies or even spiritual tendences are not the same as another person's, right? I do not really need anybody's else's approval to do what I want and be who I am, right?

My attitude should be: I am confident in who I am. I'm not going to go around pretending, wishing I was something else, trying to fit into everybody's mold. I am free to run my own race.

I must not think that I have to fit into somebody else's mold and similarly do not be upset when other people to not fit into your molds and be the person God made me to be.

And I hope you too!

No comments: