Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Day with Cinnamon and Szu

Two Saturdays ago was a Labour Day and it was a public holiday. Since it was also the day when World EXPO 2010 was officially launched, we had public holidays for Monday and Tuesday, only in Shanghai. Awesome, ya? However, I chose not to go for EXPO in that period. It’s hella packed and if you know me well enough, you know I hate to be in a crowded place except for special cases. Plus, not all the pavilions are opened so, I am planning to go somewhere in July-August.

Instead, I went for a tour with Szu and her sister, Cinnamon, that Monday. We leisurely walked around Yu Bazaar. And since we had not taken our brunch, we decided to have this overrated Nanxiang Steamed Bun. I had it when Adrian came visiting me in Shanghai. It was not that as awesome as claimed. As expected, it was a long queue.

IMG_5518

Also, the place was really crowded even though bigger and more awesome event was launched for two days. Surprise, surprise.

IMG_5519 IMG_5520 IMG_5521 And that’s not the end of it. There were more.

IMG_5526 IMG_5524 IMG_5525

Just imagine having Malaysia’s population in Singapore. That is Shanghai.

We left the busy area and came to this alley, which is the real Shanghai look; with people walking around in pajamas, hanging their clothes in public, you name it.

IMG_5529 IMG_5530 IMG_5532

It took us so long to find this cheap ferry ride, 50 jiao compared to 20 kuai. Though the ride was short, I managed to witness a breathtaking view. It reminded of CityCat/CatCity rides back in Brisbane.

IMG_5541That’s Nanpu Bridge that connected Pudong and Puxi. You could spot China Pavilion here.

IMG_5542 That’s Pudong with three magnificent towers that made Shanghai proud.

IMG_5572 The sunset was shit but still, better to have shit than nothing.

IMG_5585

Latest news: It is said that Shanghai is building another tall building, to compete with that world’s tallest building in UAE, perhaps? Wonder when Pudong is going to sink.

Later that night, we headed to Zapata’s for free drinks. It was a great but at the same time, horrible night for me if you could convey the post here. Anyway, I’m doing pretty good now. I will make my last four months in Shanghai as amazing as when I first landed here and nothing is going to stop me! Stay tuned *winks*

No comments: