Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shanghai Taikang Road

It was last Tuesday when I decided to get into a tourist mode and the destination for the day was Taikang Road. Note that I did not take any train ride on that day. Bus rides and loads of walking were done.

IMG_5602 IMG_5603 IMG_5604 IMG_5605After all the hard work of catching buses and walking, finding my way to Taikang Road, finally I reached my destination.

IMG_5606

This place should not be missed when visiting Shanghai. It is my all-time top favourite place as it delivers genuine charm and vibrancy. The main activity here is shopping and you will be surprised to discover creative finds you could find here. I was so broke that I did not buy anything. Saving it for a foot massage at the end of the day.

IMG_5618 IMG_5609 IMG_5610 IMG_5611 IMG_5612 IMG_5634Taikang Road has three main lanes that criss-crossed by irregular alleyways which makes exploration slightly messed up but fun. My main focus was Taikang Road Art Centre. It is the best lane for those who loves photography.

IMG_5622 IMG_5623 IMG_5624 IMG_5627 IMG_5628It was around 5-ish when I was craving for food and a foot massage. I was recommended by both my babes to 红萍果会所 for a really cheap but awesome foot massage.

IMG_5636Not only would you have this big room to yourself, they provide unlimited drinks and food. I literally had my dinner there! After the massage, you could choose either to take a shower or bubble bath. Who wouldn’t choose bubble bath?! However, the place is quite dodgy if you asked me. To take my bath, I had to walk quite a distance and was brought to this all-mirrored wall room with a bed and a bathroom. Dodgy, eh?

IMG_5637 IMG_5638

However, it was a wonderful day and believe it or not, I almost forgo all these! I would be a fool if I did because I did enjoy spending time with myself. It was awesome and I am planning to do this again this Saturday but doing different activity.

Stay tuned!

No comments: