We have always heard ‘the rules’ from women. Of course, we should not leave the men out. They have their own rules too and trust me, they are all so, so true. And they are all numbered ‘1’ on purpose!
1. Men are not mind readers which most of the women hope to find in their men but, impossible.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You are a big girl. If it is up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You do not hear us complaining about you leaving it down. I guess this is not a big thing in our culture since we have yet to accept a couple staying together before marriage. We still have a generation that is still conservative.
1. Sunday sports: It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be. I guess this only happens where there is a football fever going on for example, English Premier League, Champion League or World Cup.
1. Crying is a form of blackmailing.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints lagi do not work! Just say it! And women would think their men do not understand them and are not caring or do not love them enough.
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question. And women would prefer to hear more from their men.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That is what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for. Women tend to tell their problems to their men but never hoped to accept whatever the men will say to them. They just want their men to listen. Sadly, men do not work this way.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days whereas women tend to bring up the past into an argument each time.
1. If you think you are fat, you probably are. Do not ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways make you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say ‘nothing,’ we will act like nothing is wrong. We know you are lying but, it is just not worth the hassle. This is one of the problems that most couples are facing.
1. If you asked a question you do not want an answer to, expect an answer you do not want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine, really.
1. Do not ask us what we are thinking unless you are prepared to discuss topics as football, video games or motor sports.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round is a shape!
Ain’t most of them very true? It is really interesting to learn the differences between men and women. As I had mentioned before...