Friday, October 15, 2010

Business Trip@Bangkok

Finally it’s here! It was supposed to be a business trip to 3 different countries in less than 2 weeks. What are they? Thailand, Indonesia and best of all, Australia! However, due to certain circumstances, we only went to Thailand last week and then, Indonesia and Australia later in the year or early of next year.

Though we were only going to Bangkok, I was really excited. One, I get to meet my clients. Two, I have never been to Bangkok! 

I was in charge to book the flight tickets for my senior and I. Unfortunately, due to my typical blur nature, I booked morning flight instead of the afternoon flight. I had to wake up early in the morning, damnit! However, I am glad that I made that mistake because as we landed Bangkok earlier, I managed to explore around a bit the places around the hotel we were staying.

I was more than happy when I found out we were staying in the hotel that our client booked for us. It was indeed a nice place and yes, fortunately we had a nice place to sleep in. I would cry if we did not. I didn’t know business trips are that exhausting! You had to wake up early in the morning, took hours of car ride and followed by long hours of meetings. Maybe it’s just Bangkok?

I had fine dining almost each meal everyday. The food was great and I had drinks too but, being out until late at night everyday was no joke! Fortunately there is a bath tub in my room and I used it well. Still, it was a waste that I did not use the hotel’s sauna.

Also, this trip brought me to a whole new level. I talked to people who are in really high positions in their respective organisations. Chairmen, directors, you name it! They have at least 10 years of experience in this field and to compare to a freshman like me, I still have a long way to go.

So, what’s next? Jakarta. I have a feeling that I am expected to go by my own. I wonder if I can really do it. We shall see.

No comments: