Saturday, November 29, 2008

ATAN 2008 & Yuen Steamboat

This is going to be another long post again. It has been a pretty busy week for me, don’t you think so? Well, it is far better than being rotten at home.

 

On Friday evening, the boyfriend and I went to attend AIESEC in Taylor’s University College’s Appreciation Night (ATAN) 2008. It was a great initiative to organize such event, to appreciate the efforts and hard work of those members who had been contributing to the local committee throughout the year. I did not manage to execute such event last year due to lack of manpower. That’s sad, right? I know.

 

Michelle and I

 

 

AIESEC Malaysia Committee and a few AIESECers from other Local Committee were there as well.

 

That’s Issac.

 

The event started off with our well-known square dance song, Mr. Q, by the Management Team of 2009, well, except for Shanny.

 

Opening performance, More Than Words; Ramadhan the Guitarist and Cecilia, Ke Vin and Shanny the singers. They were doing great. Apparently, I was supposed to sing with them as well. However, due to my messy schedule which will affect our practice and such, I decided to pull out.

 

In his mind: “When are they going to give out the certs?”

 

There, the first awards presentation for the contributors to Local Leadership Development Seminar, followed by Induction Conference and of course, the baby of AIESE TUC, TOMORROW, Project Based on Exchange.

 

And before we could have our refreshments, we were entertained by a dance performance by Suek Yee, Cecilia, Shanny and Ke Vin Big Grin

 

Sook Theng and I

 

Darling and I Love Struck

 

Shanny! Big Hug

 

Leon and Shan

 

Clarence and Ramadhan

 

Nick who came later

 

It all started off with five guys..

 

..and having girls in the middle..

 

..and later, two MC who happened to pass by.

 

Jul, who won the Best Dressed for the evening Batting Eyelashes

 

Before the awards presentation for the contributors to Career and Employment Fair 2008, there were Miscellaneous Awards being given out as well.

 

 

Issac won the Most ‘Hamsap’ Award

 

Sook Theng won the Lamest AIESECer Award

 

Shanny won the Most Talented AIESECer Award with her sexy dance moves.

 

Last but not least, Cecilia won the Most Hyper AIESECer Award.

 

 

Next was the emo emo moments; touching speech by Sook Theng as well as her team. And before the event ended, there were awards presentation to the Executive Boards of 2008 and more emo emo moments again. Comments on the event? Well, there were a lot of syok sendiri and inside jokes. If I were to be an outsider, I would not know what was going on. Nonetheless, the event was going pretty smooth.

 

 

 

And the best thing was I received two certificates. Thank you! Big Hug

 

After ATAN, the boyfriend and I had to rush to Yuen Steamboat to join the rest of our friends to celebrate the end of our exams Happy

 

 

That night, I had been eating a lot and I was not even full. Well, I indulged myself mostly with seafood. Somehow or rather, I had the mood to keep eating but unfortunately, there was a few unhappy incidents happened that night.

 

First, the boyfriend’s brother’s car met an accident, AGAIN. My gosh! He just bought the car for less than 4 months and was involved in an accident the second time in just less than three months the last time his car met its first accident. Can you believe it? This is the last thing that I wish to happen, you know? Therefore, again, he has to lend his car to his brother. However, the boyfriend himself will start working next week and of course, without his car, it will be damn inconvenient for him. He had gone through a hard time during the last period where he did not has a car to drive.

 

Second, something happened between our friends. I think it is not appropriate for me to further elaborate on what was going on between them.

 

Also, unfortunately, it is the end of Langkawi trip with the girls. We were almost conned by the package offered by a travel agency. Somehow or rather, I felt a bit frustrated about this whole trip thing. I am not going to expose the reasons behind it. I am just frustrated. Anyway, we have Plan B: to Genting Highlands. I believe this trip is far easier to manage than the trip to Langkawi, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm....
send my regards to ur bf's..... car...
kesian....>.<
n ya... social relationship is always complicated.... haiz...

MY tiny LiFe said...

sorry for the incident....paiseh paiseh n sorry sorry.... >.<

Fumoffu said...

黄大作家: I sent the regards dy :D And you are right, it is always that complicated :(

My tiny life: Nah, it's okay. You managed to patch things up, right?