Monday, November 29, 2010

Business Trip@Jakarta & Surabaya

This trip was a real challenge for me. I literally planned the whole thing: the schedules, the appointments, the flights, the lodging as well as logistic to each client. And I did all these alone! It was quite challenging but this will not be the last trip; there are more to come.

Of course, I was really excited and had been looking forward to this trip a lot because one, I wanted to know how things go and if it will be under my control and two, I planned it all so, of course I wanted to see if things would turn out well.

IMG_8157

We left to Jakarta on Sunday afternoon and well, Jakarta is somewhat not what I had imagined lol I imagined it to be clean and organised. Much to my horror, the traffic here is comparable to the one I experienced in Bangkok.

IMG_8164

Though the room is not as awesome as the one I had previously, at least there is a bathtub in the bathroom too for me to take a hot bath after a long tiring day. I spent 75% of my time in Jakarta on roads, man! It was really exhausting and drained my energy a lot.

IMG_8171

We had to leave to Surabaya on Thursday morning and then headed back to Kuala Lumpur on the same day in the evening. Fortunately, we had a one-day Haji break on Wednesday. Believe it or not, I spent my whole day in the hotel! Now you see how I couldn’t be arsed to leave the hotel and tour around Jakarta.

IMG_8200

The worst nightmare was after our only appointment with a client in Surabaya, we had to foolishly waited for 4 hours before we could check-in and proceed to the international departure area where at least you could shop and such.

When I got home, it was around midnight and after the unpacking and cleaning myself up, I had a great Skype chat with Cyy. It’s been ages! It’s really nice to have someone you can talk to when you got home especially when you are living alone outside as it does make you feel like home..

No comments: