Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Goodbye Shanghai!

I left Shanghai a couple of weeks ago. Had been staying at one of my close friend’s for 19 days. And why was I back earlier than planned? There are a number of reasons to that.

First thing first, my legality status in China. Few months ago, an guy called the company and asked for me. Apparently, it’s an officer from the police station. After a number of questions, he then asked me to go to the police station the next day to have a little chat.

I would not forget this entire incident that befell me. I went to the police station with a Taiwanese colleague of mine. We knew what to say and what not to say. However, we were told to bring our other colleagues to the police station the next day.

We thought things would turn out alright after but who knows, problem came after a week.

It was then when they called us back again that we should go back to the police station to sign a statement and also, pay a fine of 500 yuan. On the other side, the company had to pay a fine of 20,000 yuan. Not only that, we were not allowed to continue working with our current visa and had to apply for a proper work visa. And to apply a work visa, one had to leave the country, in our case, at our own expense.

Plus, it ain’t easy to apply for a work visa. A lot of documentation as well as much time, effort and money are needed. Therefore, since my contract is ending in two months’ time, and I do not wish to continue working in Shanghai, I decided to come back to Malaysia.

Unfortunately, shits never stopped coming. It was like my final test to see how much I have grown in Shanghai. Since I could not get a tourist visa in China as well, in just one day, no, one afternoon to be exact, I had to change my flight and all my existing contracts. Supposedly, I would be flying back at the end of June but due to some complicated reasons, at that moment of time, I had to fly back in a week’s time.

So here I am, back in Malaysia, greeted by Milo Ais at BRJ Mamak on the night I landed.

IMG_6549

Welcome back, me.

4 comments:

靖沂 said...

Hye dear, it seems, or rather you have gone through lots of tough time. Chillax when you are back, give yourself space i suppose..
Life Changing Experience huh? depends on the tone when speaking of it....
*Hugs*

Fumoffu said...

Yeahh, but it indeed was a good life experience. So many shits happened and did not stop coming at you.

I was more like 'Bring it on' than 'Why has it to be me?'

Glad I'm taking a break in Kuching now..

goingkookies said...

whoa.. why did the police called u guys n fined ? i dun get it?

well.. what doesn't kill u makes u stronger.. hope that's the case.. =)

Fumoffu said...

Due to Visa matters and such. Very complicated though but it's all over now :)