Friday, December 25, 2015

September 2015

It is already Christmas and I realised I had not updated my blog for almost 2 months! Before I could fill you in on October and November, let’s throw back my September 2015.

I started September 2015 with the Area N1 Humorous Speech and Speech Evaluation Contests. I represented Penang Toastmasters Club in this contest. What was my target? I aimed to get runner-up in this contest. I did not have the courage to put such a high hope. However, luck was on my side. I won the contest along with Nicholas who represented in Humorous Speech Contest. We would be competing in Division N together next!

2015-09-12-23.37.00_thumb5

The second highlight for the month was the surprise I planned with his colleague for his birthday. I went over to the college. I was shocked to see so many students were participating in this surprise. Then he was surprised to see I was there. I believe he will never forget this day – his 31st birthday.

The third highlight for the month was the surprise brought by the boyfriend this time. I went to pay summon that morning when I received a call from my colleague. She sounded anxious and told me that there was a customer looking for me. I thought long and hard that I had attended all the enquiries and was very sure that I did not miss any of it out. I was half worried and half suspicious. I even thought my boyfriend could have put up a show with my colleagues and we were waiting for me to go back to office. When I got back to the office, I was dumbfounded when I saw this huge vase on my table! Both shocked and speechless. The next thing I knew. my tears were streaming down my cheeks. Such a lovely surprise from him. He had planned this out early of the month while I had planned out his birthday end of October. We were both giving each other a surprise in the same month. I am feeling blessed.

2015-09-14-11.50.25_thumb5

Third highlight was the day the boyfriend moved out from his place. He had always wanted to move out to be independent. Finally, he did it! We had a soft house warming with the closer friends. It was a last minute call and we were glad that most of them were able to make it. Now we know who are the true friends.

2015-09-15-21.48.48_thumb6

The last highlight for the month was the dinner that I had planned with sweat and tears. It was the Division H’s Joint Installation Dinner. To be honest, it was not easy to organise such a big event. I had organised the Division H’s contest last year but trust me, this is a different level! I am really glad that I had a great committee who worked alongside with me to make this dinner a success! Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much! I will always remember this phrase.

2015-09-26-23.42.18_thumb5

So you see, September had been great to me. We shall see how October treated me next.

No comments: