Friday, December 25, 2015

October 2015

I started my October by heading down to Kuala Lumpur to visit my brother. The boyfriend tagged along with me. Instead of driving, we took the train. We heard a lot about this train and therefore, decided to give it a try. One thing we learned during this ride was to bring a sweater or blanket along. It was freezing inside the train!

2015-10-11 08.22.37

Moving on was the Division N’s Humorous Speech and Speech Evaluation Contests. Similarly, I was aiming for runner-up. It is a Division level so, I did not put high hope on the placings. What happened next was out of my expectation. I won the contest and will be representing the Division in District 51’s contest– the contest that I had never imagined to participate.

2015-10-17 17.06.29

That same month, I made a breakthrough for my club – MEF Toastmasters Club’s long-awaited Team Building! I was really grateful to the Organising Chair, Chia Tean. Without her, it would not happen. She found a great Facilitator, Jay. I am really proud of the club. Thanks to this activity, the members’ bond grew stonger and more united! I hope we will do this again in 2016 before I end my term in July 2016.

2015-10-20 14.26.40

Of course we cannot end October without celebrating Octoberfest! This time, we went to The Suffolk House to join the Germans and others for the celebration. We had beers, German sousages and music! Bliss..

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

I guess October had been nice to me but, guess what? November was even better so, stay tuned!

No comments: