Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grandpa’s 70th Birthday!

All of us will go back to our one and only hometown, Sibu, during Chinese New Year. However, in the month of June, there was a big celebration which gathered all of us. That was my grandfather’s 70th birthday.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My grandmother was really busy organising this big celebration. I was back a few days earlier so I could see she never had the time to sit down at all. Still, it was going to be a big celebration so I guess she did not want anything to mess it up.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A lot of close relatives attended the dinner. Obviously my grandmother was busy mingling around. The picture above is my grandfather’s brothers and sister. They were all there with their family members as well.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The picture above is the family under my grandfather. All the sons and daughters, sons’ and daughters’ wives and husbands and children were all on stage to sing him a birthday song. Of course, I am inside the picture.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Typical Foochow dinners come with performances, especially performances from the seniors. Nonetheless, the most touching performance was made by the sons and daughters. They sang this song specially to their parents, who are my grandparents. Not a scene you can see everyday.

No comments: