Sunday, October 2, 2011

Food Hunt@Kuching

I was back in Kuching few months ago to pay my family members a visit. It was great to be home – lovely people and of course, food!

P1011111

This is one of my favourite dishes back home. However, it is not as good as it used to be and that’s really sad. I hope the standard will come back again during my next visit.

P1011112

You can hardly find this in Kuala Lumpur, except I found it in Taman Conaught but never got to go back there again. Therefore, I can only have it when I am back in my hometown.

P1011259

This is how our Sarawak Laksa looks like. No worries for those who are staying in Kuala Lumpur as I found great ones in Bangsar as well as in Ampang. I have yet to try the one in Serdang. Lovin’ it!

P1011265

Guess what this is? I found the English name for it, Foochow Burger. We call it kompia in our own dialect. Everyone’s favourite. I miss this burger the most when I am residing in West Malaysia. I have yet to find them here.

P1011269

Our kuay tiaw. Not much different. Should have taken a shot of tomato kuay tiaw instead. Say what? Tomato kuay tiaw? Never seen it before? Come to Kuching and I will bring you to meet it.

P1011274

Last but not least, our prawn mee. Huge portion but it comes with a big cost. If I am not mistaken, this cost RM25 for one bowl! However, it is not worth the penny as the soup is not prawn-flavour-ish. Let’s see if I can find the right one when I head back again..

But yor! My brother is heading back this weekend! Must be so fun! *pfff*

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

tomato kuey teow? never heard of it.. haha.. :)

Fumoffu said...

yes, i will take a picture of it when i got the chance :)