Sunday, April 17, 2011

Makan-Makan di Melaka: Day 2

We started our second day in the afternoon at Donald & Lily’s for nyonya cuisine. I had been craving for pongteh chicken for a period of time and I have not had enough of it yet. We had nyonya laksa as well as their cendol.

P1010199

Next, we headed to Nadeje Patisserie for their famous mille crepe. It was not my first time to try out mille crepe; I fell in love with it the first time I tried it when a friend of mine bought a few slices back from Malacca. Then, it was his birthday when a friend of mine in Penang told me about this site, Humble Beginnings, where they take orders in for mille crepe.

P1010212

Unfortunately, they do not offer Tiramisu flavour but Nadeje has it – and that was why we were heading there for a taste of it. Luck was not on our side. It was sold out, what a bugger.

After our tea break, we headed back to the hotel for a short break before we continued our food hunt at night. A local friend of mine hosted us that night and I had told him how much I wanted to go to the back alley stall. I had always wanted to go and had been telling my boyfie about it all the time when I talked about Malacca. Luck was not on our side again as it did not open for business that night due to family matters.

P1010244

P1010246

However, that did not spoil our night. My friend brought us to The Portugese Village to have great seafood at 7 Pescados Fishermen. Patience is a virtue, people. We waited for almost two hours for our food and trust me, it was worth the wait. The crabs were my favourite and the prawns though a little spicy, it was good too. After we were stuffed, we had a mango-ish mango juice at Joe’s Only One Mango Juice. Why did I call it ‘mango-ish’? Go and have a sip of it and you will understand. This stall is located at the same place as those seafood restaurants so, you will be able to find it.

P1010264

P1010266

P1010265

No, it was not the end of the second day yet. We went for a second round that night; headed to Merlimau. I had never tried the famous Portugese grilled fish though it was my fourth visit in Malacca. We had those three dishes shown above at Medan Ikan Bakar Alai. I enjoyed sweet and sour ‘bamboos’ and prawns more than the fish. Well, I personally do not like to eat fish but it was not that bad. At least I got to get a taste of it.

..to be continued

No comments: