Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 3: Sibu

It was finally the day to go back Sibu. It was an early flight and boy was I glad that we caught our flight. It was about 30 minutes’ flight and therefore, before the friends could settle down in the aircraft, landing announcement was made.


We were picked up by my parents and baby brother. We went straight to Kanowit because I wanted to visit my maternal grandparents there. I informed the friends earlier and they did not mind following me wherever I had to go. Well, they had no choice but to follow me though.


Once we reached our destination, the first thing to do was to eat! I was so hungry and I had to eat! We went to the regular restaurant to have kampua. Trust me, that restaurant has the best kampua in town after my maternal grandparents stopped selling kampua.


We then went for a second round at another restaurant that we frequent. There we had iced kacang, pangngan with kaya jam and also toast.


Okay, we never stopped eating because when we finally got to my maternal grandparents’ home, my grandmother was already preparing lunch for us. I missed home cooked food so, that was the first home cooked food I had ever since I returned. My friends love it too!


When we finally left Kanowit and back to Sibu, my paternal grandparents had already arranged a dinner to welcome us. Yes, we never stopped eating. That is the beauty of coming back. I always eat non-stop when I am back home. I never went hungry. Not even the slightest chance.


And finally I could introduce the friends milin, one of my top favourites. I do not get to see this in Penang. However, you still can get it in Kuala Lumpur though. I remember I had it in Taman Connaught. I wonder if the restaurant is still there.

After dinner, I brought the friends to night market and Sibu’s shopping mall, Sanyan Tower. Some of the ladies fell in love with apom balik sold there. It is quite different that what you can get in Penang. As for the shopping mall, it certainly cannot be compared to the ones that we have in Penang.

First day had been a satisfactory one. Let’s see how it went for the next day in my next post.

No comments: