Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 4: Sibu

What did we do in Sibu for the whole day?

We ate and ate and ate non-stop. Trust me, we did. The friends joined my family and I for breakfast that morning.

IMG-20140616-WA0004

We ate original kampua for breakfast.

IMG-20140616-WA0008

We ate tomato koay tiaw for breakfast.

IMG-20140616-WA0009

We ate soy sauced kampua for breakfast.

We did not stop there though. After sending my family back, I brought the friends out for second round – to one of my favourite places since I was younger.

P6160353

We had fried noodles and fried noodles soup. Both also my favourite dishes. If I am not wrong, they preferred fried noodles, saying that the yellow noodles in Sarawak are so much different compared to the ones in Penang. I guess they are and that is why I do not fancy fried noodles here at all.

IMG-20140616-WA0019

When we returned home, my grandmother prepared home cooked for lunch. Of course I sat down and had lunch. I do not have home cooked meals in Penang, alright? So I just had to eat as much as I can when I am at home.

IMG-20140616-WA0031

We went out for food hunting again after we had our rest. I brought them to the famous dian bian hu. It is something we cannot find in Penang as well.

P6160355

Since I know most of them visit temples, I brought them to Sibu’s oldest temple, Tua Peh Kong.

P6160360

Took some photos at Pintu Gerbang Sibu before I sent my auntie back home and then came out by ourselves again.

P6160367

I went back to my primary school and wow, though many years had passed and the school had moved to a new place, the building is still there and I heard a familiar voice. I walked towards where the voice came from and guess who I met?

P6160373

I kindergarten school teacher! I was 5 years old when she taught me. She taught my older brother too. Then she was my tuition teacher when I was 7 and 8. She did not change at all, still looking the same apart from having shorter hair.

P6160385

Later, I brought the friends to the park by the Rejang River before we ended the day with the last visit at the night market. I guess they were pretty hooked up with the night market here. It was my very first time to be at night market after I left home for so many years. Crazy, huh?

No comments: