Thursday, July 28, 2011

Liverpool FC Training Session@Stadium Bukit Jalil

July had been one of the great months so far! I had a blast from the beginning of it up until now, though shits happened in between but let us ignore that.

Firstly, it was the very well anticipated group trip with my friends. And secondly? Of course the coming of The Reds to Malaysia for a friendly match with our country’s team! It was the The Reds first time to be in Malaysia! Some people had been waiting for this moment for the past forty years! I feel fortunate to have seen them right before my eyes in my twenties.

P7140153

However, I am so disappointed (yeah, I still AM) that Gerrard was not able to join this year’s Asia Tour. I was so looking forward to see him! I do hope they will come again next year or the year after next else I would just be more aggressive and make my way to Anfield! Desperate? Hell yeah!

P7140165

So, there I was, among the 30,800 fans to conquer the stadium on Thursday evening about 6.30pm. It was my very first time to be in Stadium Bukit Jalil and also to see professional football players right before my eyes! Good thing that I brought my camera with mean lens (well, have to thank my honey for purchasing it) to capture that day’s moment. Though it was not sunny, it was still stuffy and I was sweating a lot.

P7140381

The Reds finally showed up and the fans were so excited and motivated that we cheered most of the time. I learnt after the day that The Reds landed Malaysia during the wee hours and despite having lack of rest, they made a good 2-hour performance for us. I am touched. From that training session itself, I learn to identify more football players.

P7140769

I really had fun and definitely look forward to the real match between The Reds and The Tigers. Also, it was because the match would be my very first football match date with my honey. Poor honey, he had to drive all the way from Penang on Friday night to catch the match on Saturday evening and then drove back to Penang on Sunday night. Fortunately, I was able to follow him back.

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

haha.. liverpool came and went off so long ago :P

Fumoffu said...

i know laa.. i was procrastinating :P had been busy with many other activities that i am lazy to update my blog that often lol