Wednesday, September 14, 2022

The Transfer

Dr. Eeson did tell us beforehand to enjoy ourselves during our trip back in Sibu. To be honest, I did not really understand what he meant until we were finally back to continue our IVF treatment.

We went back to the centre the following day after we came back from Sibu/Penang and finally set the date for Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) which happened in 7 days.

Of course there were some preparations and medication needed for FET. Also, we had made the decision to transfer just one embryo.

On top of Progynova, I was prescribed with Duphaston and Cyclogest. Progynova and Duphaston were taken 3 times a day, after meal, whereas Cyclogest is a medication to be inserted into the vagina 2 times a day, with a fixed time which I had set at 11am & 11pm. Cyclogest was no fun - it was a huge mess when I did it the first time. From 15 minutes of lying down to 20 minutes, 30 minutes was the best option to reduce the mess.


The husband was very attentive when the nurse was explaining to us on the details of the medication. He even wrote down the instructions right after we came out from the consultation room. 


Similarly to OPU, on the day of transfer, I was not allowed to use any facial products, cosmetics and perfumes. These may affect the embryo. I was only allowed to shower with water only. Another challenge on that day was to hold my bladder until the transfer. It was not easy especially when the treatment room was really cold.


Thankfully, I had this image in front of me for distraction while waiting for Dr Eeson. This is the image of the embryo that would be transferred into my womb. The embryologist had informed me earlier that its survival rate after thawing is 100%. I was so relieved to hear that. 


Oh, I was not under sedation during this transfer. Hence, I was able to witness the whole transfer process by watching the TV in front of me. As this process was recorded in a sonogram machine, one of the nurses offered to use my phone to record the video after the transfer was completed. 

And you think I could finally empty my bladder after the transfer? Nooo.. I had to lie down for another half an hour.

However, this was nothing compared to what we had to go through next - The Two-Week Wait, which I will share in my next and last post.

No comments: