Tuesday, September 6, 2022

The Polyps

My first menstrual cycle came on the 4th day after The Collection and hence, I was expecting my second menstrual cycle to come at the end of December. For the first time during my trying-to-conceive journey, I wished for it to come as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, for the whole month of December, everything was quiet. I started to get anxious and worried.

When it was finally here (it was already January), I went ahead to make the appointment to consult Dr. Eeson although it was not at the normal volume. After TVS, he told me that we need to remove polyps that are next to my lining which will affect the embryo's implantation. Hence, I was to admit to Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur the following week for this.

Although I had the room to myself, the husband could not stay back to be with me. Fortunately, the nurses took good care of me and everything went well. Hence, on the following day, I was being discharged from the hospital and was scheduled for my follow-up one week later at the centre. During TVS, it was confirmed that polyps had been removed totally and that we could prepare for Frozen Embryo Transplant (FET).

Why not immediately? 

Well, we could only start when my next menstrual cycle arrived which came three weeks later from the day I was being discharged from the hospital. As we would be heading back to Sibu for Chinese New Year, we had to postpone FET a little bit but Dr. Eeson assured us that it would still happen at the end of February. He had me started with Progynova for the next 15 days until I returned from Sibu for another check-up. 


With this line of medication on top of my daily supplements, I was still able to take it lightly. I did not know the worst will come later which I will share in my next post..

No comments: