Sunday, January 27, 2019

November 2018

We were back in Penang longer than usual.

Why?

It was Deepavali!


But first, let’s have a triple date.

We met up with 2 lovely couples for dinner and then, ended it with frozen yoghurt. It was a great catch up session and am really happy for all of them because of two things.

One, a couple will upgrade soon to be parents.
Two, a friend is finally in a relationship and he is happy.



Second, I had my be-early birthday celebration with my favourite people in Penang. Well, one of them was sick so, was unable to join though. We had our dinner buffet at G Hotel and went to visit the sick friend after.


It was my second Deepavali open house as a host. As usual, we had two sessions for our invited guests – lunch and dinner. We had delicious food and great friends to hang out with in that one day.


In that same month, another good friend of mine got married. She had her wedding the day before my birthday. We have known each other for more than 10 years so, I am definitely happy for her that she found someone that she can live with.


What’s better than celebrating your birthday with your family? I was not able to celebrate it last year with them as I was still in Taiwan. It felt even better to have Deanne with us.


Last but not least, we had a furry guest that stayed with us for a week. It felt good to have someone waiting for your return though I did feel bad for leaving him alone at home during daytime. Well, we had to go to work though. However, he did make a good friend with the furry neighbour. Up until today, the furry neighbour will still drop by our door to check if the furry guest is still around.

Yeah, we miss him too, buddy.

No comments: