Saturday, July 11, 2015

South Korea: Day 1

It has been 3 months and I totally forgot to share my last trip to Korea. Well, it was not a backpacking. It was more like a daughter-joining-mother-and-her-friends trip. In short, I joined a tour group to Korea. Still, my main focus was my mother. It has been years since the last time we went on a trip together. Therefore, I was really looking forward to this trip after my last one in Melbourne.

P4211167

We flew to Seoul and arrived the city the next morning. The weather was just nice – not freezing and not too warm. Just nice and I love it! Once landed, we were taken to visit Trickeye Museum in Seoul. Basically it is a 3D arts sort of place which is the same as Penang Interactive 3D Museum. The only difference is they have Love Museum. I did not get to visit that museum though. Instead, I visited Ice Museum. Seriously, I should have just gone to Love Museum straight. It is not a place where you can find it in Malaysia. Haram, no?

2015-04-21 11.59.13

Since we had not taken any food when we landed the land of Koreans, we had our lunch – Ginseng Chicken Soup. There is rice inside the chicken. First meal in Korea – not too bad. However, most of them did not enjoy it. After our lunch, we went for a class – Kimchi Class in Kimchi School. We learned how the Koreans make their Kimchi. Did you know that Kimchi is one of the Top 5 healthy food? At least I learned something valuable from this trip. Oh, and guess what happen to the ones that we made? They will donate those Kimchi to the homeless. Lovely, no? I think it is really great for the community to care for the homeless. Such a generous country.

2015-04-21 14.14.53

After we graduated, we were brought to visit the office of Ms. President of the Republic of Korea, also know as The Blue House. I guess females are as competitive as the males as a leader. Nice to know. Unfortunately, we could only look at the building from afar. Not even its gate. And not even the junction.

P4211222

After looking at the building, we were brought to Deoksugung Palace. It is one of the “Five Grand Palaces” built by the kings of Joseon Dynasty. No, I have no idea what it is. I merely took this information from know-it-all Wikipedia. There were already many locals strolling inside the palace. I saw the nursery teachers brought the children for an outing. What caught my interest was the pram  that they were using. It can fit up to 6 children! We really should get something as cool as that in Malaysia!

P4211249

Before we ended our first day, we were sent to two famous markets – Namdaemun and Dongdaemun Markets. It was during that trip I realised it is not cheap to shop in Korea. I repeat – it is not cheap AT ALL to shop in Korea! Since I could not shop and that was never my focus, I had street food hunting instead. So far my favourite is “toast on the bread.” We really should bring it in to Malaysia. Trust me, this shit is really good!

2015-04-21 12.15.27

It was a long day and the weather was cooling which made me even more tired. I hit the sack straight after a hot shower after I had a hot cup noodle along with a hot cup of Milo. Bliss.

No comments: