Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Japan Day 8: Sapporo

It was the second last day for us to be in Hokkaido. Unfortunately for my brother and my sister in law, it was the last day for them. Since it was an unfortunate turn of event, we had to push one of the activities forward so we could enjoy it together – kimono rental experience. We did not send in our request on this earlier so, we were trying our luck by heading straight to the shop. However, we were fortunate that the shop owner allowed this last minute request after considering our situation.


We had fun picking our kimonos and accessories to go with our kimono. I was a bit embarrassed to dress in kimono especially in this cold weather. However, since it was an activity that we are doing together, it was fun in another way. We tried our best to make ourselves warm ie. standing at a vent that let out warm air as well as stayed in a convenient store for a bit before we continued our sightseeing. We aimed to go to the clock tower but we gave up halfway because we were freezing. What’s best about this was, they gave me a surprise birthday celebration. It was a lovely thought from them. We headed back after we finished the cake. My brother and sister in law left for the airport after. Found out later on that they were doing a last minute shopping at the airport.


As for us? We went to Ippudo for lunch. It was the husband’s idea since he really loves ramen. The husband went back to hotel to rest whereas my mother and I went for shopping before we went back to hotel to rest. That night was a big night for us.


90 minutes of all-you-can-eat-and-drink at Sapporo Beer Garten! We spent a lot on this meal though. We even joked that we should not have any meal throughout the day for this when we were planning this trip. I whacked the crab most of the time while the husband whacked Gengkhis Khan lamb and beers. I did not think the amount we ate equals to the amount we paid but, we did our best. Actually, we planned to have this meal on our first night in Sapporo. It was fully booked and only 10th Nov was available for us. Unfortunately we were not able to get the refund for my brother and my sister in law. I was upset but I believe they were more frustrated than me.

Now that this trip had come to an end, it will not be the last family trip. It was not the perfect trip but I was really proud that it went well. We spent a lot of quality time together and know each other better. I learned something about our marriage during this trip. No worries, it was definitely for the better. We had our next family trip in mind that includes my older brother (+2) but due to Covid-19, we had to postpone this trip.

Will definitely post here when it happened!

No comments: