Monday, October 14, 2019

March 23rd, 2018

..was the day we had our wedding dinner celebration in Penang. Most of my family members came from Sibu. Feeling blessed and loved. It was not an easy journey for them as they had to fly from Sibu to Kuala Lumpur and then Kuala Lumpur to Penang. They arrived Penang the day before the BIG day and were in Penang for 3 days and 2 nights.


On the BIG day itself, the husband’s family invited my family to their place as they had provided a simple catering for friends and family. We went there after we had our breakfast in the hotel. We didn’t stay too long as we needed to head back to hotel to get prepared.


Our entry was accompanied by The Dhol Blasters. It was definitely different and I believe all our guests were entertained by their performance.


Our emcee, Jason, did a fantastic job. He controlled the crowd, the time and the activities really well. He had his ways to entertain our guests by engaging them and made our guests to  participate in some of the activities.


One touching moment that night was a speech given by my elder brother. I had never seen him on stage delivering a speech. I am so blessed and fortunate that he did it for me #feelingloved


In order to thank our guests for taking their time to come and celebrate with us on our BIG day, the husband and I gave a small performance. It was something that I really wanted to do in our wedding dinner. Well, I was more prepared than the husband was so, he was basically just moving around aimlessly. We did get a few close friends of ours to join us. Well, it did not go as planned since we never had a rehearsal but we had FUN!


The night ended with lots of music and dance. I had gone back to our room to rest whereas the husband and his family were still in the ballroom. They were there until the hotel staff had to beg them to leave.

March 23rd 2018 was definitely a night to remember and how relieved we felt after.

No comments: