Wednesday, December 18, 2013

You Will Be Greatly Missed But Never Forgotten

This morning I received a message from a friend whom I have not talked to for a very long time. We met in Shanghai and everyone is busy with their own lives after each of us left this amazing place.

He told me that he must have had sent to the wrong email address of mine and hence, decided to drop me a message in Gtalk with the link he wanted to show to me.

Initially I thought his account was hacked and the hacker may have sent all those dangerous link in my friend's contact list. Therefore, I ignored the link and deleted the messages.

It was until I checked my mailbox at work in the afternoon, I saw his mail. I opened it and it was the same link. The title of the mail concerned me a lot and therefore I decided to click the link he shared.

I read the title of the news and it did not bother me much until I read the content and came upon the familiar name. I was dumbfounded and my mind just went blank at that moment. I was speechless.


Ying left the world just like that. The cause of her death remains unknown. The officers are still investigating and of course, the whole world is trying to find out what had happened to her.


I knew Ying in Shanghai. Similarly to my case, we were both Exchange Participants under AIESEC to do our management traineeship in Shanghai. She arrived Shanghai two months later after Szu and I started our internships. She faced a lot of difficulties to have her Visa done but she did not give up. She was very determined and did not lose hope.


Ying was born in Malaysia but grew up in New Zealand. She was like the big sister in our group. A very ambitious, energetic and strong young lady. I remember she landed Shanghai on the night of Halloween. Instead of taking her rest, she changed into her costume and joined us at the Halloween Party! Now that showed how crazy and energetic this young lady was! 


Her giggles were what made her stood out the most and trust me, she had a really loud voice. Thanks to that we never failed to have crazy and fun moments in Shanghai.


Now that she is gone, I am sure her friends and family will take a long time to get over this big loss. May she rest in peace and dear Lord, bless her family and friends so they will stay strong. 

No comments: