Saturday, September 15, 2018

December 2017

..was a wake-up-call month for me.

Why?

Wait till you read the end of this post.

2017-12-09 20.25.11

In the early of the month, the husband and I made a special trip to Penang to celebrate our beloved friend’s birthday. It was a great catch-up that night accompanied by great food.

2017-12-10 20.21.02

On the day of our return, my cousins were around. Therefore, we decided to meet them for lunch. All of us witnessed how manly the husband is. Long story short – a waitress was being rude to me. When the husband took the bill, he called out to the manager on duty and lodged a complaint on her.

2017-12-16 20.49.53

My father was in KL too. We made a plan to have dinner with him and also to see him again at the place he was staying on the day he was leaving.

original_url: android-assets-library://asset?file=file%3A%2F%2F%2Fstorage%2Femulated%2F0%2FDCIM%2FCamera%2F20171223_231830.jpg&time=1514042310000&id=94890

Coming to the end of the month, the husband and I made another trip to Penang to celebrate Christmas since it was a long weekend.

Look at that smile of mine.

It was gone after that night.

2017-12-26 16.00.14

I was in pain for the longest time that night that I had to wake the husband to drive me to the nearest 24 hours clinic to get a pain killer jab to kill off the pain. I thought the pain would be gone the next day.

I was wrong.

The pain crawled back slowly and hit me real hard that Jag drove us to the hospital. I was admitted to the A&E department. Fortunately, we had Jag with us. The attending doctor diagnosed me with gastric while Jag insisted to do ultrasound on me.

That was when we found the real culprit – gallbladder inflammation. Well, it became inflamed as I had been in pain for 2.5 years and I did not take the right medication, thinking it was gastric.

Fast forward, I had surgery on Christmas Day and stayed in the hospital for the next 2 nights before I was discharged.

2017-12-29 23.15.53

Lovely friends came to visit me at the in law’s place before the husband and I returned to KL.

It was definitely a wake-up call for me that health is more important.

That was when I made a big decision…

No comments: