Monday, December 11, 2006

NLDS/MNC 2006 & SC Trip 2006 in Penang

NLDS/MNC 2006 at USM was awesome though it was tiring. I love the energetic people there. Each of us knew that we were all so tired but still we had fun! This proved that AIESECers are a bunch of strong and tough people! The most fantastic thing was when AIESEC MBA was cancelled we got to Square-dancing for 2 hours! Plus, I got to know a lot of new people over there and learnt a lot of things from them. Also, I felt lucky that I was chosen to be one of the Workgroup members. This is the chance for me to work with people from other LCs and with one of the AM committees! It was just so exciting to sit down together, share things and bring out outputs! I learnt damn lot from them!

On our way to Penang

Penang bridge

Opening ceremony! T for TBS

P for Punishment

G for Games

M for Makan

NLDS

MNC

On the other hand, the SC trip was a bit disappointing. I wanted to go to a lot of places and so as Esmond. I guess we were influenced by the conference we went earlier. We were strong and energetic but not the council members. They were all so demotivated and not interested to go to a lot of places. I was very disappointed. They just did not cherish the moment they had in Penang to go to a lot of places and eat a lot of food when my friends who were in the conference could not even have those chances though they REALLY want to.

However, the fun part was Esmond really went crazy with AIESEC songs and roll calls. You should see him did one of the roll calls that the UUM did (Wooooooo..SUI AH!) and the Hot-To-Go too. There were more too. He was just so funny and I can assure you all that he's very proud of us, the AIESECers.

We had the unpredictable energy to walk to the night market which was quite far away from our apartment! It took us almost half an hour to reach the night market. Note that, only Esmond and I. The others said they were too tired and did not want to follow. Plus, they said they went already so, Esmond and I did not bother and we went off by ourselves.

Thais Temple (Temple Chaiyamangkalaran)
[I played the wheel of fortune here]



Can you spot Esmond?


In Burmese Temple

Coffee Maker
Khoon Temple

On top of Kek Lok Si

R for Rabbit!

The Chinese 12 Zodiacs (I missed out A for Ayam)

Who the heck broke the horn? SO SAD!

Esmund asked me to take the picture of this bench =.=" He said it is cute.

Behold the GRAND statue. The statue is beautiful.

H for HOT!

Steamboat for Dinner

Happy Birthday to Rebekah, Evon & Darren

Our breakfast

Ais Kacang

Delegates for SC Annual Trip 2006

Not to forget about Esmond too!

Overall, 6 days in Penang was awesome! I want to go to Penang again in the future so that I can go to all of the places and taste all of the food in Penang!

PENANG, I WILL BE BACK!


Mattekuruyo!

No comments: